Have you ever been in a position where you went under a closing overhead garage door and it suddenly stopped from closing? If yes, it is your garage door sensors that are responsible for that.
1. What is a garage door safety sensor and how is it maintained?
2. At what height should you mount your garage door safety sensor?
3. Professional Garage Door Safety Sensor Repair and Maintenance
What is a garage door safety sensor and how is it maintained?
A garage door sensor is a ‘photoelectric eye’ that serves as the lookout of your garage door openers. It emits an infrared signal that activates your garage door opener when it is accessed through your garage door remote control or any buttons wired to it. Whenever something in its path was detected by the sensors, it automatically sends a command that stops your garage door from closing. Since your safety is largely dependent on the mechanism, it is important to know how to properly care for these sensors.
- Like any mechanism, a garage door sensor could accumulate dirt over time that causes it to malfunction. Regularly clean the lens of your sensors using a soft cloth to prevent this from happening.
- Always check the functionality of your sensors by putting any object as high as the ‘eyes’ and attempting to close it. If the door immediately stops closing and returns to its original open position, then there is nothing wrong with the mechanism. But if it continues to close, then you should have your sensors checked.
- A garage door sensor has an exterior LED. Over time, screws that keep it in place may loosen, breaking the alignment. Check this light regularly. A blinking LED light indicates misalignment. You may need to tighten the screws holding it to the bracket if not bending the bracket to bring it back to position.
- Garage door sensors are attached to complicated wiring. Rather than handling this yourself, it is wise to have on-call technician adept at garage door repairs and maintenance come once in a while to perform check-ups on these mechanisms. While you are at it, maybe you could have them check for other problems in your other garage door components as well. This would prevent you from incurring a bigger cost by needing major repairs in the future.
A1 Garage Door Service – Trusted Clopay® Partner
Professional Garage Door Safety Sensor Repair and Maintenance
If you are still having difficulty deciding where to place your garage door sensors, worry no more and just call A1 Garage Door Service to do it for you.
A1 Garage Door Service specializes in the installation, repairs, inspection, and maintenance of your garage doors. No matter what the problem is, whatever time of the day, there is no better service than the one A1 offers. They have a team of professionals that will make you a priority any time you call. Plus they offer FREE cost estimates for you.
There is no need to worry that your sensors are not properly installed or is misaligned when you get their service. No need to compromise your and your family’s safety. Just call 844-214- 2724 and let A1 Garage Door Service handle it for you.
Check Out What Our Customers Are Saying About Us
A1 installed my garage door opened several months ago, and responded almost immediately when I had an issue recently with it closing. They quickly diagnosed the issue as a bad light beam sensor and not only did they quickly replace it, they also altered its position so that it was not as impacted by sunlight, making it work more reliably. They were courteous, professional and the price was right. They showed me what they found and explained everything clearly. I will likely be a customer with them for life. – Scott Lindley ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
See more reviews on Google!