Do you want to do more with your garage floor? Adding epoxy floor coating can transform concrete into a work of art. On top of that, the coating adds a layer of protection to your garage floors.
If you’re looking to add a special touch to your Phoenix garage and increase the value of your home, A1 Garage Door Service now provides Phoenix epoxy floor coating services to Phoenix, AZ area homeowners.
Table of Contents
- Benefits of epoxy floors
- Types of epoxy floor coating
- Preparation process
- Colors and styles
- Starting your project
Wondering why you should consider adding an epoxy floor coating to your garage? Here are a few reasons:
- The ability to add a personal, low-maintenance touch to the garage aesthetics. Epoxy floors are available in many different colors and designs. It can transform your Phoenix garage into a complete and sleek area.
- Epoxy can protect against stains, spills, and chemical damage. They are resistant to a large number of chemicals such as solvents and acids. Epoxy features many kinds of resistance which add to its reputation and bears the brunt of heavy chock, heat, chemicals and water. It is great for your Phoenix garage since cars emit many corrosive chemicals.
- You will enjoy long-lasting shock and slip resistance for everyday garage use. Epoxy will not need to be redone for an extended amount of time. The coating endures longer than tile, and wood flooring because of its durable and protective qualities. The longevity reinforces the cost-effective advantages for your nearby Phoenix home.
Epoxy comes in multiple styles, including single-color, full-flake and metallic finishes. A1 Garage Door Service in nearby Phoenix specializes in top-of-the-line full-flake and metallic options, which create a more aesthetically pleasing floor and offer other benefits, as well.
Full-Flake Epoxy: The most common type of floor coating, full-flake floors are slip- and shock-resistant because of the coating’s composition. They’re also less abrasive than concrete, making them a welcome addition to your garage.
Metallic Epoxy: Metallic coatings incorporate the use of different metallic powder colors into clear epoxy to create exotic and unique designs.
A1 Garage Door Service uses commercial-grade epoxy for residential garages. Our polyaspartic clear coating is rated at three times the standard level for hydro-static pressure and includes a thicker topcoat for added protection not offered by urethane-based products.
Our team of factory-certified installers follows a structured process for ensuring your epoxy floor coating is properly applied for long-lasting benefit. This process includes:
- We diamond-grind the existing floor using OSHA-approved equipment to prepare the surface to bond with the coating. This process opens the capillaries in the surface, which absorb the coating mixture.
- Next, we mix the material for the 100-percent solid epoxy coating and apply a base coat to the entire surface of the floor.
- While the base coat is still wet, we spread the flakes across the floor to give it a signature look.
- Once the base coat dries, we scrape the floor, remove excess flakes and vacuum.
- Lastly, we apply the polyaspartic clear coat finish, which pulls everything together.
- A day later, you’ll be able to walk on your floor and return your belongings to their rightful place.
Additionally, as thank you for choosing A1 Garage Door, we’ll add a complimentary new bottom rubber to your garage space, providing insulation and helping keep insects and rodents out of your home.
We carry a variety of full-flake options and epoxy floor coating colors, allowing you to choose the right style for your garage floor. Check out this video to see what’s available.
While you might be tempted to try applying your own coating or hiring a painter who also works on flooring, doing so carries a risk alleviated by hiring a specialized floor professional.
The process of applying epoxy floor coating requires proper preparation, technical and chemical knowledge, and a precise eye for detail. If you’re investing in doing more with your garage floor, you want to ensure you will be satisfied with the results.
Here is what one Scottsdale, Arizona homeowner had to say about his new epoxy floor coating from A1 Garage Door Service:
How much does it cost to do an epoxy resin floor?
A full flake system epoxy floor has an average cost of $7.75 per square foot which translates to a total cost of $3,100 for a 2-car garage that is 400 square feet. Some people wonder if it’s cheaper to use epoxy compared to tile. The cost is about the same.
Is epoxy flooring a good idea?
Epoxy floors are a good idea and are a popular option for garage flooring because:
- it’s aesthetically pleasing
- it adds protection to concrete
- it’s waterproof
- it adds value to the garage and will increase your home value.
How long will an epoxy floor last?
We offer a lifetime adhesion warranty.
Are epoxy floors slippery?
A full-flake epoxy floor is not slippery. We have the option to add anti-skid as well if desired.
Do epoxy floors crack?
An epoxy floor will crack if the concrete it is covering cracks.
Contact an Experienced Phoenix Epoxy Floor Coating Company Near You
When you’re ready to begin, call your local garage door company at (844) 236-8448, and we’ll send someone to measure your space, provide an estimate, answer your questions and discuss options for financing your investment. We look forward to helping you bring new life to your garage space by adding an aesthetic touch of epoxy. In addition to our epoxy flooring services, we offer garage door repair in Phoenix, garage door installation, and door opener services.
Our office in Phoenix, AZ is here to help:
3254 E Broadway Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85040
Phoenix Epoxy Floor Review
I had my garage door worked on my A1 garage doors and I could not be more pleased. They sent out Alec which was super nice and professional. He was able to not only fix the issue but also very knowledgeable. Would definitely recommend for future issues and to neighbors and family.