If you are looking for a garage door that portrays timeless elegance and dramatic curb appeal, you need a wood garage door. It complements different architectural styles and is guaranteed to enhance the beauty of your home. Let us help you choose the best design that is suited to your needs and requirements. Call A1 Garage Door Service now at 844-214-2724.
Trust only our A1 service for your wood garage door installation
A1 Garage Door Service carries a wide collection of wooden garage doors — from affordable budget-friendly options to those that are on the higher end of the price range. Whatever you choose, we can guarantee that it will be of excellent craftsmanship and add beauty to your home.
At A1 Garage Door Service, we can install whatever type of garage door you require — wood, steel, aluminum, copper, vinyl, glass, or fiberglass. We have the expertise to handle all types of doors from different brands. Our team of technicians is on hand to provide you with our A1 level of service.
Get only the best wood garage door for your home
Why is wood usually considered the best for a garage door? Homeowners select it because its beauty can dramatically improve your home’s aesthetic appeal, leading to increased property value. The graining, knots, and shading of wood garage doors usually differ from one to the next making each wooden door truly unique.
The beauty of wood is long-lasting, and with proper maintenance such as repainting, it can even look better as it gets old. It is very environment-friendly, being a renewable material, and is also an excellent insulator.
The garage doors that we carry come in different shapes, sizes, and styles. As well as different types of wood such as:
- Plywood – This is perhaps the most basic and inexpensive type of wood used for garage doors. It is quite lightweight but may be wrapped in a hardwood veneer for a more solid look at an affordable price. Plywood is also environmentally friendly as it can be made from recycled wood.
- Cedar – This type of pleasant-smelling wood is naturally resistant to moisture, rot, decay, and insects, making it a very popular choice for a wooden garage door. Its natural reddish color is very aesthetically pleasing. However, it requires sealing every year for durability.
- Fir or often referred to as Douglas Fir – Like cedar, this type of wood also has a reddish-brown tint. It is quite inexpensive to use for a garage door but may require painting because it doesn’t stain very well and doesn’t have a good grain pattern.
- Redwood – This type of wood must be built with layers to reduce the risk of warping from heat and water. It has a good reddish color, fairly soft, and has a straight grain, which looks good on a wooden garage door.
- Mahogany – This premium hardwood is quite expensive as it is sourced outside of the United States. It makes a very durable wood garage door, especially when properly sealed. It has a very beautiful color that may range from deep red to brown. A mahogany garage door can be quite heavy and may require 2 to 3 doorframes and a more powerful garage door opener.
- Maple – There are softwood and hardwood varieties of maple, both of which have fine, straight grain that is ideal for garage doors.
Ultimately, the type of wood you choose will have to depend on your primary considerations — typically aesthetics and budget. But always remember that whatever type of wood you choose, A1 Garage Door Service can assist you in all your garage door needs.
A1 Garage Door Service is committed to providing you only the best service
If you choose A1 Garage Door Service to install your wood door, we can assure you of a positive experience. With over twenty years in the industry, our family-run business has thrived on the positive reviews from our clients who have given us consistently high ratings on Yelp, BBB, and Angie’s List.
Call us now at 844-214-2724.