Do you want a garage door with dramatic aesthetic appeal and timeless elegance? Well, your best option is to install a wood garage door. It goes well with various architectural styles and it can boost the beauty of your home. Let experts help you select the ideal design for your needs and preferences. Call A1 Garage Door Service now at 844-214-2724.
Get A1-Level Service for Your Wood Garage Door Installation
When you turn to A1 Garage Door Service, you get to select from a wide collection of wooden garage doors. We have budget-friendly options and even doors on the higher end of the price range. No matter what type of garage door you choose, you can expect excellent craftsmanship and unparalleled customer service.
A1 Garage Door Service has a team of qualified, experienced, and skilled technicians who can install your garage door according to your specifications. Whether you choose wood, aluminum, steel, vinyl, copper, glass, or fiberglass, we have the expertise to handle any type of garage door. We are ready to provide you with A1-level service.
What Are the Advantages of Wood Garage Doors?
- Curb appeal – Nothing can match the natural beauty of wood. If you choose this material for your garage door, you’re guaranteed to increase the overall aesthetics of your home.
- Customization options – When you choose A1 Garage Door Service, you can tailor your wood garage door based on any style you want. You can opt for the rustic appeal of a carriage house style door. You can even add windows to the panels.
- Insulating properties – You can also take advantage of our garage door insulation services to make your wood garage door as energy efficient as possible. Our technicians will ensure that your door will help regulate the temperature in your garage.
What Are the Disadvantages of Wood Garage Doors?
- Expensive – Wood is among the most expensive materials for garage doors. You can easily buy a plywood garage door, but it can easily warp or rot. Quality wooden garage doors have longer lifespans as long as you properly maintain them.
- High Maintenance – Compared to other materials like aluminum and steel, wood requires more frequent maintenance. With a wood garage door, you’ll often repaint, reseal, and repair the panels, especially if your area experiences extreme weather conditions.
- Prone to warping and decay – While wood garage doors can be treated to become moisture-resistant, it is still susceptible to warping and rotting. If the door is repeatedly exposed to winds, storms, high heat, and extreme cold, it will eventually show its age.
How Much Is a Wooden Garage Door?
According to Home Advisor, most standard garage door models can cost from $300 to over $3,500. However, the price will depend on the materials you choose and the level of customization. For instance, if you choose a highly customized wooden garage door, expect to spend from $1,000 to over $10,000. The more affordable alternative would be a composite or faux wood garage door. You can spend from $800 to over $6,100.
Your Home Deserves the Best Wood Garage Door
There are many reasons why many homeowners prefer a wooden garage door despite the level of maintenance it requires. As we’ve mentioned, it can dramatically improve a property’s aesthetic appeal. With a stunning and elegant addition to your home, you can also increase its real estate value. What’s more, you can have a door that is truly unique. After all, the knots, shading, and graining vary from one door to the next.
You can prolong the beauty and functionality of your garage door with regular maintenance like repainting. Because your door is made from renewable material, it is also environmentally friendly. Fitted with adequate insulation, your door can also be energy efficient.
At A1 Garage Door Service, we carry doors in different sizes, shapes, and styles. Our collection of wooden garage doors includes:
- Plywood – Perhaps, this is the most inexpensive and basic type of wood used to manufacture garage doors. While it is lightweight, it can be given a more solid look by wrapping it in a hardwood veneer. Plywood can also be made from recycled wood, making it environmentally friendly.
- Cedar – Naturally resistant to moisture, decay, rot, and insects, this pleasant-smelling wood is a popular choice for garage doors. Its natural reddish hue makes it an aesthetically appealing addition to your home. However, you need to reseal it annually to ensure its durability.
- Fir or Douglas Fir – You can also get a reddish-brown tint with this type of garage door. It is more affordable than cedar. However, it doesn’t have a lovely grain pattern and it doesn’t stain very well. So, it may need painting.
- Redwood – To lower the risk of warping from moisture and heat, redwood garage doors are usually built with multiple layers. It has a reddish color and a lovely grain pattern.
- Mahogany – Because this premium hardwood is sourced outside the U.S., it can be quite expensive. However, when properly sealed, it can make a durable and reliable wood garage door. Its stunning hues range from deep red to rich brown. Do note that a mahogany door can be quite heavy. You may need a more powerful garage door opener and two to three doorframes to operate it.
- Maple – There are hardwood and softwood maple varieties, and both are excellent options for garage doors. After all, they both have straight, fine graining.
As you can see the wood options available have unique advantages and disadvantages. Ultimately, the type of wood you choose will have to depend on your priorities—usually budget and aesthetics. However, no matter what kind of wood you select, you should only trust expert technicians to install your door.
Expect Unparalleled Service from A1 Technicians
When you choose A1 Garage Door Service to install your wood garage door, you can expect a positive experience. As a family-owned business, we always treat every project as if it were our own. For over twenty years, we have thrived on the positive reviews we’ve received from our clients. Our dedication to quality service is evident in our consistent BBB A+ rating, Yelp 5-star ratings, and Angie’s List Super Service Award.
- Excellent craftsmanship
- Proper maintenance
- Professional and Experienced technicians
- FREE cost estimates and professional advice
Call us now at 844-214-2724.