You’re making a great investment when you choose a copper garage door. The material can give your home unique appeal and character, especially since it changes hues and develops a patina over time. What’s more, the copper garage door requires low maintenance. So, if you want to enjoy the benefits, call now and speak to one of our professional and friendly technicians at 844-214-2724.
Turn to A1 Garage Door Service and Get Expert Advice for FREE
Whatever design you choose for your garage door, you must consider durability and functionality. Of course, you also need to think about the cost of the materials, components, and labor. So, if you want to make an informed decision, you should consult an expert.
When you turn to A1 Garage Door Service, you can expect professional advice on the ideal type of garage door to suit your preferences, budget, and needs.
Aside from installing copper garage doors, we also specialize in periodic maintenance, repair, and replacement of any type of garage door.
Our dedication to customer satisfaction has made us the trusted and well-respected garage door company in the industry. As a family-owned business with over 20 years of experience, A1 Garage Door Service ensures that you are in safe hands.
What Are the Pros and Cons of a Copper Garage Door?
Anyone who has seen the Statue of Liberty knows the beauty of copper as it ages. It becomes even more striking and stunning due to the natural patina it develops over time. Because of exposure to outdoor air, oxidation causes copper to create a rich-colored patina.
If you’re over the fence, let us share with you the primary advantages and disadvantages of copper garage doors. This way, you can make an informed decision.
The Advantages of Copper Garage Doors
- By choosing a copper garage door, you’ll get a vintage-looking and elegant garage door over time. As such, you’ll have a door that boasts of a unique and unusual appearance.
- A copper garage door is also suitable for a wide variety of home styles. It can be installed to give a property a vintage look, and it is also perfect for industrial architecture. You can also use it to create a statement for a minimalist or log home.
- Another great thing about a copper garage door is its resistance to rot and corrosion. So, even if it’s exposed to the elements, it can last long. It is so durable that it can last for centuries.
- Garages are constructed differently from other indoor spaces, and they can let a cold draft in during winters. The great news is that copper garage doors can be insulated. So, you can make the area more energy efficient.
- Because copper is naturally stunning, you don’t need to paint its surface. Moreover, you don’t even need to refinish it, unless you don’t like the material to develop a layer of patina. In general, copper garage doors are low maintenance.
The Disadvantages of Copper Garage Doors
- The primary drawback of a copper garage door is its cost. Compared to other doors made of other materials, one with copper panels can be expensive. However, while you’re spending more upfront, your investment will pay off. After all, the material is long-lasting and low maintenance.
- While many consider copper’s patina as the material’s strength, it can be seen by others as a disadvantage. If you prefer the material to look shiny and striking, you may have to regularly refinish the panels to prevent them from developing a patina.
Get the Best Options for Your Custom Garage Door
If you want to achieve a stunning and unique appeal for your home, you should consider getting a copper garage door. With proper maintenance, you can keep its striking appearance and functionality for a long time. Imagine having an elegant, classic style look that only gets better over time.
As we’ve mentioned, copper develops a patina over the years. So, its appearance changes at certain points, making your garage door unique. Besides, you can also benefit from its damage resistance and energy efficiency.
When you turn to A1 Garage Door Service, you can choose from various panel styles for your copper garage doors. We have ribbed, long, short, grooved, and flushed panels. You can also trust our technicians to improve your door’s energy efficiency by installing the ideal R-value insulation.
Once we install your copper garage door system, it will come with all the necessary hardware, including the tracks, rollers, and accessories. You can also easily arrange upgrades like tint, windows, and lamination. After all, we specialize in customizing garage doors according to our customer’s specifications and preferences.
No matter what custom design you choose, our expert technicians will be able to provide advice and help.
- Low maintenance
- Fully qualified and professional technicians
- Over 20 years of experience
- FREE on-site cost estimates and expert advice
Make the Best Choice for Your Home, Choose A1 Garage Door Service
While copper garage doors are suitable for many types of homes, they may not work for certain architectural styles. So, if you want to choose the ideal custom garage door for your property, you also need to hire the best service provider. A1 Garage Door Service has been known as the industry leader in garage door installation, repairs, and maintenance.
We only carry the best brands in the industry, including Martin copper garage doors. The material is made of 99.9% copper metal, which gives the panels a distinctive look and natural patina over time. What’s more, the panels are fitted with different layers of insulation. So, you can expect optimal thermal efficiency, noise reduction, and minimal upkeep.
Our expert technicians provide services beyond installation and repairs. We go the extra mile by offering technical advice, maintenance tips, and even FREE cost estimates. We even perform all the necessary safety checks to ensure that you’ll have a durable, secure, and functional garage door.
If you want to experience the A1-level difference, call us now at 844-214-2724. Our friendly technicians will be available to answer all your questions.