Are you having a problem with your garage door? Over the years and because of continued use, your garage door will encounter different types of problems and will require repair. This is because the garage door is the largest constantly moving part of your home and as such, subject to wear and tear.
If you need to have your garage door repaired, trust only the best in the industry — A1 Garage Door Service. We have the best team of expert professionals who know how to handle each and every type of garage door and its components. From broken rollers to faulty garage door openers to bent door tracks and damaged garage door springs — we know how to fix it quickly and efficiently.
So what are the parts of your garage door that are usually in need of repair?
- Garage door torsion springs are usually the first to break or give out among the many components of your garage door. This is because the springs bear a lot of pressure, supporting the entire weight of your garage door which can oftentimes be quite heavy. Through regular and continued use, garage door springs are usually stretched tight and subject to wear and tear.On the average, garage door torsion springs have a lifespan of 10,000 cycles. Opening your door and closing it consist of one cycle. As such, if you use your garage door twice a day, the springs will last for 14 years. However, regular use of garage doors is usually pegged at 4 times a day, meaning your torsion springs will only last for 7 years.It is very important to take note of the lifespan of your garage door torsion springs and monitor your use. Oftentimes, improper or poor maintenance, temperature and weather conditions, misalignment etc. can affect your garage door springs and cause it to break.
- Garage door rollers come in different shapes and sizes. Even if these rollers are quite small, pinpointing the right ones can be real tricky. In choosing the appropriate roller for your needs, you have a lot of things to consider such as the material of the garage door roller because it will influence its lifespan, its resistance to different types of environments, how quiet it can be and the actual weight of the door that it will be lifting. Compound this with knowing the appropriate roller diameter and stem length. Then you will have to understand the life cycle of your chosen roller because that will spell the difference between changing your garage door roller every ten weeks or every ten years. Just keep in mind that if you get it wrong, it will cost you time, money and effort.That is why, it is important to trust only the professionals in determining what you need for your garage door. They will assist you in selecting the right type of rollers and will fix all your issues so that you will never have a problem with opening and closing your garage.
- Whatever is the system of your garage door spring — whether it is a torsion spring system or an extension system — it will definitely have cables attached to it. The cables lift the weight of your heavy garage door with the tension provided by the springs. This means that the cables usually bear the brunt of the work of the entire garage door mechanism. As such, it is very much prone to a great deal of tension and wear and tear.
The work of replacing and/or maintaining your garage door cables should be done by professionals with the proper training and tools. The process of doing so is very complicated, involving a lock down of the tension provided by the springs by unwinding it and then properly rewinding it again upon cable replacement. Any mistakes will be costly and even dangerous.
- A problematic garage door drum may probably be due to a buildup of dirt and rust. This is what makes your garage door noisy and shaky. Hopefully, any problem with the drum will not affect your garage door cable and spring. This is why it is vital to contact an expert to double check.The importance of a garage door drum cannot be overemphasized. It works alongside your door springs for the smooth operation of your garage door mechanism. It keeps your garage door balanced as it opens and closes.
- Bent, misaligned or damaged garage door tracks can be due to several factors, such as inadequate lubrication of the rollers, broken drum connection or broken cable, fatigue on the metal that is used for making the track, decayed jamb or footings and scraping of vertical track.Whatever is the cause, when you have damaged door tracks, you need to get it fixed immediately. Otherwise, it will cause other problems for your garage door.
- When you have a damaged garage door panel, never attempt to fix the problem yourself. It pays to consult a professional because your garage door usually has complicated mechanisms that when not put together properly, you will end up paying more.For your garage door panel replacement, we always carry all the best brands, including other parts that may be needed. Rest assured that while we always give the cheapest deals, we never scrimp on the quality of our products as well as our highest quality service.
- A garage door opener is an important feature of any garage door. While it is not responsible for the actual lifting of your heavy garage door because that is the purpose of the springs, the opener serves as its control mechanism for opening and closing and thus, provides additional security to your home and garage. A garage door opener is technically a motorized, complex mechanism that can be connected to a switch on the garage wall or operated with a remote control.
Overall, repairing a faulty garage door opener is not a job for an amateur or faint-of-heart. Its very complex mechanism requires expert servicing. That is why, we offer you our A1 Garage Door Service to repair your faulty opener in no time. Just call us at 844-214- 272.