The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission warns about deaths caused by faulty garage door openers. So, it is important that you have a trained garage door technician check yours regularly. At A1 Garage Door Service, we can perform a garage door opener inspection and assess the components for safety purposes.
Call our technicians today at 844-214-2724.
Should You Service Your Garage Door Opener?
Your garage door is an important asset to your home. It provides the convenience of driving into your garage with a push of a button. What’s more, it also boosts the curb appeal of your property.
It plays an important role in securing your home and protecting your prized belongings. So, it only makes sense that you care for it. If you’re still not convinced, here are some of the reasons why you should get inspection services from a trained garage door technician:
Garage Door Safety
Over time, garage door openers fail. After all, you use the door at least five times a day. So, if you don’t have yours inspected regularly, it may malfunction unexpectedly. Imagine what would happen if you’re backing out of your garage and a door weighing hundreds of pounds crashes on you. Regular garage door opener inspection helps you spot minor issues before they become dangerous problems.
Of course, when garage door opener issues are identified and resolved early, you can also avoid expensive repairs. If you keep neglecting the early signs, your faulty garage door opener will put unnecessary strain on other components of the garage door. Eventually, a simple issue will result in a major garage door replacement. On the other hand, if garage door systems are regularly inspected, these costly issues could be avoided.
Your garage stores some of your most valuable possessions. If your garage door opener fails, it would be easier for criminals to break into your property. So, if you want to maintain the integrity of your door, you need regular inspection.
What’s Involved in a Garage Door Opener Inspection?
Indeed, inspecting your garage door opener by yourself can help you save money upfront. However, if you want to ensure that all issues are identified, your best option is to hire a trained garage door technician. After all, the inspection can be a tedious process and if you miss anything, you’ll risk causing more problems with your garage door.
To help you understand the process, we’ll show you the steps involved in a garage door opener inspection:
- Visual inspection of the system – Check if there is too much slack in the belt or chain.
- Visual inspection of the top of the opener – Check if the sprocket is free from metal shavings and ensure that it is straight.
- Visual inspection of the safety eye sensors – Check if the LED lights are working and if there are no damages to the safety eye plastic housing.
- Visual inspection of the wall console – Check if the wires are in good condition and that the console is working properly.
- Testing the opener limits – Use the wall console to adjust the open and close limits for the opener.
- Testing the safety eye sensors – While the door is closing, break the safety beam to check if the door will reverse to a fully open position.
- Force testing the garage door opener – Place a block on the floor, directly below the garage door. Then, use the remote control to close the door. The door should back up to a fully open position if the auto-reverse feature is working.
As you can see, a garage door opener inspection involves a tedious step-by-step process. If you miss a single step, you’ll risk endangering the safety of your garage door.
Get Emergency Garage Door Service from Trained Technicians
As the trusted service provider for decades, A1 Garage Door Service aims to achieve absolute customer satisfaction. We offer a range of premium and beautifully crafted garage doors. What’s more, we provide garage door tune-up and inspection services.
We have a team of qualified and experienced technicians who are equipped to service your garage door and all its components. When you contact us to evaluate the condition of your garage door opener, you can expect unmatched service and customer satisfaction.
What’s more, we provide 24-hour emergency garage door repair service. So, even if your opener malfunctions during the wee hours of the morning or night, we will be ready to assist you.
Let Expert Technicians Inspect Your Garage Door Opener
As we’ve mentioned, your garage door is the heaviest and biggest piece of equipment in your house. You use it at least five times a day. So, it is subject to excessive strain on a daily basis. To prolong the life of your garage door and to ensure your safety, you need regular tune-up and inspection.
Keep in mind that among all the garage door parts, the opener usually causes accidents. After all, it is responsible for lifting the heavy and enormous door.
That is also the reason why A1 Garage Door Service carries door openers with two reverse safety features. These components are designed according to the industry standard in the U.S. Federal Law (U.L. 325).
When you hire us to install your garage door, the opener will have an electric safety edge and photoelectric eyes. These features allow the door to reverse when it detects any obstruction. At A1 Garage Door Service, we’ll ensure that all these safety features are in working condition.
- Expect 100% satisfaction from our garage door opener service
- Premium quality and beautifully crafted garage doors
- Qualified, trained, and experienced technicians
- 24-hour emergency garage door opener service
- Over two decades of garage door experience
- Free on-site cost estimates
When you choose A1 Garage Door Service, you will become part of our long list of satisfied customers. We always take our decades of experience to every garage door we install and service. For us, no job is too big or too small.
Call A1 Garage Door Service now at 844-214-2724.