A1 Garage Door Service College Scholarship Application
The application window for our 2017 scholarship has now closed. Any entries received after July 15, 2017 will be considered for our 2018 scholarship.
This scholarship is offered by A1 Garage Door Service for future business scholars to make their mark in the marketing arena. We are looking for students who have a good marketing mind, who can show us their best ideas for a marketing campaign in the service industry. We will be awarding one $1,000 scholarship in the upcoming school year. Applications will be accepted through July 15, 2018 for the scholarship being offered for the fall of 2018.
Scholarship Amount: $1000
- Minimum GPA: 2.5
- Need-based: No
Residency: US Citizen
Enrollment status: Full-time student at an accredited high school, college, or university within the United States.
- Incoming freshman
- Incoming transfer (undergraduate)
Application Deadline: July 15, 2018
Qualifying applicants will answer the essay question provided. Submissions can be in the form of a 600-1000 word essay or a short video (15 seconds – 3 minutes). Complete the form below and submit before the stated deadline.
About the Scholarship
Tommy Mello, entrepreneur and owner of A1 Garage Door Service places a high value on education, having recently received his own Masters degree in Business and as such wants to reward students who have a good mind for economics and marketing. A1 Garage Door Service has long been well known for their high caliber of customer service and plans to expand its locations throughout the nation. We want your ideas for a summer marketing campaign that will blow our socks off and show that you know how to grow a service business like ours!
A team of marketing professionals will select the winning submission from the applications received for this scholarship.
A1 Garage Door Service Scholarship Winners Receive
- $1000 check to be used for Fall 2018 Semester
- Applications must be submitted by July 15, 2018.
- Winner will be chosen and notified between July 20 – August 5, 2018.
- Scholarship essay must be a minimum of 600 words, maximum of 1,000 words.
- Videos must be uploaded to YouTube, your original work and not include any copyrighted material.
- Applicant must be currently enrolled at an accredited high school, college, or university within the United States.
- Applicant must be a legal resident of the United States or hold a valid U.S. student visa.
- One submission per person, per semester.
- Essays and videos that fail to meet the above requirements will be disregarded.
- Any submission may be featured on the A1 Garage Door Service website, Facebook page, blog, or other social media accounts.
- All submissions become the property of A1 Garage Door Service who reserves the right to modify and use it for marketing purposes.
To apply for this scholarship opportunity, please complete the form below and attach your essay or a link to your video answering the following question:
How can a company selling garage door repair service stand out from the crowd?